Italian Food Jain Style! Isn't it an amazing combination ever if you are not eating 'Onions and Garlic' Well that's the whole charm of Indian food twisting even the International Dishes :) :)
These cute Mini Lasagna Rolls up came up with the help of Pinterest :) These days, I am in love with Pinterest, it gives us enormous ideas to play around with the food :) :) Even a simple dish can be eaten with different styles!!
So idea was to make Mini Lasagna, but the filling is totally different! And measurements are approximately! For more specifications, click here
This Spinach lasagna is a mixture of left over Tadka of Carrot and Capsicum with addition of Corn into it which makes the dish more delicious. While making this, I remembered that I don't have Tomatoes at all!!! Started wondering, what can be done! So I had these Tomato Paste bought from the Wholesale Store here Costco! These are saviors I tell you!!!!!
Let's look at Ingredients:
Marinara Sauce: All measurements are approximately taken!
This is I didn't have tomatoes with me!
- 2 cans - Tomato Paste
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup - Water
- Dried or fresh basil leaves
- Fresh Parsley leaves
- Salt to the taste
- Few drops of Red Chilli Sauce (Optional)
- 1/2 cup - Boiled Corns
- 1 tbsp - Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp - Sugar
- 1 tbsp - Olive/Vegetable Oil
- Green Chilli and Ginger Paste as per the taste
- Heat the oil, add the green chilli and ginger paste. Add corn, tomato paste and water together. Stir for a while.
- Now add all the herbs, salt, Sauce, sugar and rest of the dry ingredients. Stir well for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- Sauce is ready!
Stuffing for Lasagna:
You can do stuffing of your own choice. I did of Spinach, carrots and capsicum this time.
No perfect measurement required!
- Blanched, cooked & drained Spinach leaves.
- Thin sliced carrots
- Finely chopped boiled Red Capsicum. (optional)
- Bread Crumbs
- Herbs of your choice (I usually take basil leaves, oregano, thyme, rosemery, red chilli flakes)
- Salt to the taste
- Mozzarella Cheese or Cheese of your own choice.
- Green chilli and ginger paste.
Mix everything together and form a stuffing. It should not at all of runny consistency.
How to make the Roll Ups!
- Either you get direct Oven bake Lasagna Sheets, or boil the Lasagna Sheets and let it cool down for sometime, before you apply the stuffing on to it.
- PREHEAT THE OVEN ON 350f
|Apply the stuffing on the cooked lasagna sheets.|
|Roll it. For mini version cut the lasagna sheet into half. Then apply the stuffing, and cut from between of the rolled sheet.|
|This is how cooked sauce will look. Apply some on the baking tray, put the rolls and apply sauce on to it.|
|Sprinkle cheese of your choice on rolls and little bit of herbs on to it.|
|Put the tray into the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or till the cheese is melted totally :)|
|Serve hot with your favorite drink :) :) :)|