Baking breads are fun and that with all Desi Masala into it, makes it more delicious and fun to eat! Specially those lovely flavored sandwiches, it is just so yum :) :) :)
It was been a while I baked after coming from India! So thought of trying the different ingredients! And Voila! I nailed it with perfect texture! Oh yes, it is WHOLE WHEAT DESI MASALA BREAD
- 2 cups - King Arthur's Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp - Rapid Rise Instant Yeast
- 1/4th cup - Luke Warm Water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup - Luke warm milk for kneading the dough
- 3 tbsp - Vegetable oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- According to the taste - Red Chilli Powder, Red Chilli flakes, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, Kasuri Methi, fresh coriander leaves, star anise powder
- Proof the yeast in luke warm water and sugar. Put it aside for 10-12 minutes.
- Take flour and add rest of the dry ingredients.
- Once yeast mixture is ready, add to the flour mixture. Start kneading the dough with luke warm milk and add vegetable oil for kneading.
- Knead for around 10-12 minutes.
- Put it for the first rise covered with the damp cloth for 1 1/2 hour.
- Punch it down, and knead for couple of minutes. Put it for the 2nd rise in the greased loaf pan. Let it rise for 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 375f and put it inside for 35 minutes.
Tadaaaaa!!!! It's ready :) :) :)