A Middle Eastern 'No Onion, No Garlic' platter was a super hit at my place :) Usually, it is deep fried but this time again there was a TWIST! I shallow fry it just like any other Paneer Pakoda or Dahi Vada in my super amazing gadget 'APPE PAN'
So what is needed to make this!
- 1 cup - Boiled Kabuli Chana/Chick peas (Soak for 6-7 hours)
- 3 tbsp - Cilantro/Dhaniya/Coriander
- 4 tbsp - Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- 1 tsp - roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp - lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp - Maida
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1 tsp - toasted sesame powder
- Barring the Avocado! DO NOT INCLUDE
- Grind the drain chickpeas along with sesame seeds. If require do it twice or thrice.
- Add lemon juice, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, parsley, cilantro to it and grind it again. Do not make the mixture soft, grind it coarsely. Do not add too much of water otherewise it will become very runny! We want dough like mixture.
- Add baking powder to it and mix it well.
- Add Maida only to bind it! Not more needed
- Either deep fry or shallow fry in the appe pan as shown in the image :)
Taste is the same, no changes at all :) My husband loved it and was happy that he can have 'No Onion No Garlic' falafels at home now :) :) Happy Family :D :D