The simple dip of Chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and flavorful Olive Oil with my addition of little bit of Italian Seasoning, Basil Leaves, Chilli flakes and Oregano Leaves :) So without Garlic, there is lot to add more into it to make it flavorful dish :) :) While going through various recipes, found this article of Huffington Post which says why one should have Hummus :)
Let's start with Tahini!
- Toast 3 tbsp of Sesame Seeds till it changes color to brown. Keep stirring continuously exactly like how we make Til ki Chikki!
- Grind it with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil or little more oil to blend it more. I had to add 2 tbsp extra to blend it well.
Then What! Tahini is READY :) Keep it aside.
Let's See How Hummus is Made :)
- 1 cup - Chickpeas (Soak for 6-8 hours and then boiled it just exactly the same we do for making Chole)
- Prepared Tahini
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 green chillies (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp - Olive oil
- 1 tsp - cumin powder
- Water left over from boiling chick peas
- Red Chilli Flakes
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Oregano leaves
- Basil leaves
- Roasted sesame seeds
- A little liberal hand in dropping the olive oil :)
Method for Hummus:
|Must be seeing Avocado, I was to add it but then after peeling it more it was not that good to use :( So didn't put it inside! You can add it and make the Avocado Hummus.|
- Add the boil chickpeas with the tahini sauce prepared to the blender and grind it well. Add little water to it if required.
- Add lemon juice, green chilli, salt, olive oil, cumin powder and grind again. If not able to mix it then add little at once.
- Garnish it with chilli flakes, sesame seeds, basil and oregano leaves.
- This will be stuff into Pita Bread and other Ingredients :)
Please feel write to me for any queries :)
Happy Middle Eastern Food :) :)