So, finally! My husband's much awaited eatery is ready :))))) EGGLESS CAKE RUSKS ! It's simple, easy and requires ingredients which are usually used in Cake!
So this how it went in my head to make this RUSKS! Almost a month, I was not buying rusks from outside and having something or other in the breakfast. Since, then I made up my mind to make these beautiful rusks! So here they are! It's not as simple as that, we need to be careful while baking for the 2nd time! But it is not TOUGH for sure! Only thing is needed is having PATIENCE and TRUST in yourself :) :) :)
Enough of the Story telling! Let's look at Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups - All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 4 tbsp - Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp - Room Temperature MELTED Butter ( I didn't have this, so did it in the microwave, but you have to have the ROOM TEMPERATURE BUTTER)
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp - Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp - cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp - Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup - Milk
- Grease the pan (preferably square), place the greased parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Beat melted butter and sugar together. Keep aside.
- Sift the All Purpose Flour and soda twice. Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and cumin seeds powder. Mix it well all together.
- Preheat the oven at 350F (180C).
- Now take the butter mixture, add flour mixture into it. Mix well.
- Add Milk little by little, whisk well. There should be little thick dropping consistency of the batter.
- Place the pan inside the oven for 40 minutes till you see the brown color.
This is how it looks after coming out of the oven! Let it cool down completely and then do the first cut from the middle. Now, cut in long pieces equally and place it in the long baking tray.
Place again in the oven at 350F for 30 minutes till it get brown in color just like store bought! Here is the thing which needs to be done, once it gets brown from the bottom, move it in the sides to let it get brown. See the below picture for the side brown color.
Please let me know if you have any doubt. Write to me and I will reply to you as soon as possible!
Happy Baking :) :)