It’s rightly said! ‘Dane Dane pe likha hai Khane wala ka naam’
Must be wondering why this tag today! Jab rice ka harek dana khila khila ho to maja hi kuch aur hai :) :)
Today, it happened the same J J My favorite Reem Khan posted the photograph of Vegetable Pulav and I completely fascinated by her Khila Khila Dana of Rice :) :) And I decided to make the same and was waiting for her recipe. Recipe came, I made and conquered!!! It just with a little change of ‘No Onion, No Garlic, No Potatoes’ and with an addition of capsicum, Carrot, Spinach and Corn.
I know it’s very simple to make Pulav! But for me it is very special so thought of sharing with you all and guess what! This will be made in less than 30 minutes.
Let’s quickly look at INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups – Washed and soaked rice (Soak for 20 minutes)
- 1/2 cup - frozen peas
- 1/2 cup – Frozen or fresh Green beans
- 1 cup – chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup – Corn
- 1 tbsp each of ginger and green chilli paste
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp haldi (depends on the quality)
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ( adjust as per your taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2" piece of cinnamon stick
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves
- 8-10 peppercorns (I didn’t have it)
- 4-5 green elaichi
- 4 tbsp oil (I mix half and half of oil and ghee)
- 1 tsp – Sugar (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 1/4 cup water
- Heat the oil and ghee. When hot, add jeera and rest of the whole spices(cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, curry leaves, cloves, peppercorns, green elaichi) into it. Let it sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger and green chilli paste. Let it sauté for 30 seconds and stir it.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, stir and cook them for a minute.
- Add haldi, dhaniya powder, salt and sugar. Mix and cook it for a minute.
- Meanwhile, drain the rice and keep it ready near to gas.
- Add chilli powder and garam masala. Give a good mix.
- Add the rice and give a very good mix. Fold it very
gently. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 ½ cups of water. Taste the water and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Give a final stir.
- Cook open on high flame till water is seen absorbed.
- Now turn the flame to sim and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Insert the spatula in between, make a space and see if water is absorbed completely. If yes, PULAV is ready :) :) If not, cover it again and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the gas, and let it settled.
SERVE HOT with your choice of Raita/Curry :) :) Enjoy the yummiest Pulav ever :) :) :) :)