Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Chocolate Swiss Roll

I wanted this to be very special for  my Anniversary Treat but yet it's okay if not PERFECT :) 




For you to get it done perfectly, this will be my very shortest recipe which I have written so far as I completely followed two recipes - 

  • For the Cake Roll Batter I followed this recipe completely and thoroughly!  To make the chocolate Batter, just add 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • For the Pattern Design - take few tbsp of Cake Batter and Pipe it in the bag. For step by step recipe - follow this recipe
Heart Template

Pattern Design on the greased Pan 
Remove the pattern template from behind and all set to bake at 400F for 2 minutes. (RECIPE SAYS TO FREEZE IT, BUT I DIDN'T DO IT)

After the bake :)

Pour the Chocolate Batter on to the design and tap it from all over for the EVEN SPREAD. 


After the bake, invert the pan on the sugar dusted towel/napkin. Design should face you. 

On the 2nd sugar dusted towel, invert the cake and design will go into the bottom. This will be the 2nd invert!

Roll the cake very slowly with the help of towel/napkin.  Let it cool down completely on the cooling rack for an hour. After, that open it and apply the cream of your choice. 




Let me know if you have any queries or doubts :) 

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment