Oats, Honey and Whole Wheat - Just a perfect combination to have it and makes life super healthy :) After looking to many recipes, thought of mixing it all and create my own :) :) Basic Whole Wheat Bread Recipe is here
Let's quickly look at Ingredients:
- 3 cups - Whole Wheat Flour (I used King Arthur's Whole Wheat Flour)
- 2 1/4 tsp - Instant Yeast
- 4 tbsp - Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp - Flax Seeds (Dissolve flax ground flax seeds in 3 tbsp of water)
- 2 tbsp - Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp - Milk Powder
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 1 1/4 cup - Lukewarm Milk
- 2 tbsp - Honey
- 4 tbsp - Melted Butter
- Proof the yeast in half cup of milk adding sugar and honey into it. Keep it aside for 10 -12 minutes until it gets frothy or foams up.
- Meanwhile, work on the flour mixture (Flour, Oats, Milk Powder and salt)
- Once the Yeast Mixture gets foams up, add it in the flour. Start Kneading the dough by adding the rest of the lukewarm milk into the dough.
- At first, dough will be very sticky, add butter at this time but later it will be spring like dough! Keep kneading it for at least 15 minutes.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest in a warm place for around 1 hour 30 minutes for the rise.
- Once it is doubled in the size, punch it down, knead it for 2 minutes and then place it in a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle some oats and flax seeds (Optional) on the top of the bread and give a little bit of milk wash.
- Cover the dough again with a damp cloth for around 45 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes are remaining, Preheat the oven at 375 F
- Place the loaf pan for 30 minutes.
And Taaadaaaaa... Bread is ready :) Place it down in the cooling rack and then cut it into the pieces.
Happy Baking :)