Lets' see the Ingredients:
- 3 cups - Wheat flour
- 2 1/4 tsp - Dry Active yeast
- 2 tbsp - Sugar
- 2 tsp - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Olive oil
- 2 tbsp - flax seeds
- 1 1/4 cup - luke warm water
- Heat 1 1/4 cups of water, it should be luke warm. Add yeast and sugar to it and give it a good mix with a spoon.
- In the bowl, take whole wheat flour, make a small well, add salt, oil and slowly add the yeast mix to it. Start kneading the dough. Take luke warm water and add accordingly. Approximately 2 cups of water would be required.
- Apply some oil on your hands and knead the dough a little. You might require some flour for dusting and kneading the dough.
|Applied oil and took extra flour for kneading.|
- Knead the dough for 10 - 15 minutes. Prepare a soft dough.
- Now cover the dough with a moist cloth in the same container for around 40-45 minutes. You will see it would be fluffy and double in size.
|Double in Size after first rise|
- Now, punch it down with your fist and knead it for couple of minutes.
- Take a container (I used the loaf pan) to bake the bread. Grease the container with oil.
- Apply oil on your hands and give the dough the shape of the container. Press it using your fingers.
- Sprinkle ground flax seeds (optional) on top of it.
- Cover the container with a moist muslin cloth for 2-3 hours and keep it in a warm place as it will ferment easily.
|Second Rise :) So fluffy!|
- Pre heat the oven to 375F
- Shape the dough into a loaf (or rolls) and place the loaf in an oiled loaf tin.
- Place in a hot oven and cook for about 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown on the top. (I put for 40 minutes)
- Once cool down, cut it into the pieces and have fun eating
Share your feedback on how the bread turned out and suggestions are always welcome :)