Diwali Time, Class Time! Too much of cakes at times spoils the charm! But if it is made up of different main ingredients, 'Khaane Ka Maja hi Kuch aur hai'
Let's quickly look at Ingredients:
- 1 cup - Semolina (Sooji)
- 1 cup - Whole Wheat Flour(Aata)
- 3/4 - 1 cup - Powdered Sugar (Depending on the taste)
- 1 cup - Plain White Yogurt (I used homemade Yogurt)
- 6-7 tbsp - Oil/Ghee/Butter
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - baking soda
- 2 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds to be added in 3 tbsp of water.
- Pista, Almonds, Cashews - approximately I added into it.
- 2 tsp - Cardamom powder (This gives beautiful aroma into the cake) I was just not able to resist it :)
- Sieve Semolina, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking soda and baking powder 2 times. To sieve 2 times will give a good mix.
- Now add the above mix, curd, sugar, oil, vanilla extract together and give it a good whisk with blender. If you think the mixture is too thick, you can add water or milk little by little to get the dropping consistency batter.
- At the end, cardamom powder and other nuts. Give a good mix again.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C
- Grease the pan with butter or ghee and pour the batter into it.
- Once oven is preheated, put the pan inside the oven for 40 minutes.
- Check with the toothpick whether cake is done or not. Toothpick should come out neat :) :)
Please write to me for any kind of small little queries you have in baking :) I will try to serve you my best I can :) :)
Happy Baking :)