Lets's quickly look at few Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup - Rava/Semolina/Sooji
- 1 cup - Cold Milk (Try taking whole milk, I didn't have so used Vitamin D Regular Kroger Milk)
- 1/3 cup - Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1-2 drop of Rose Essence
- Finely chopped Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews and Cardamom Powder
|In a wide bottom Pan, take Rava|
|Keep ready the Sugar, Ghee and Milk|
|Add the Ghee, Sugar and Milk into Rava|
|This is IMPORTANT. From Medium to High Flame - keep stirring it continuously making sure that rava should not turn brown in color.|
|See, how it has start forming a kind of dough.|
|Dough has formed. Switch off the gas immediately.|
|In a Greased Aluminium Foil, immediately put the dough.|
|Very Simple! Sprinkle finely chopped Pistas, Almonds, Cashews and Cardamom Powder.|
- Allow halwa to cool down completely for 1 -2 hours.
- Cut into squares or shape of your choice.
- Again let it dry for one more hour and then FLIP it.
- Now, allow Halwa to dry out for 12 hours maximum and then it depends on the weather of room or country you are into. I am in Michigan and weather was fluctuating when I make this. So it took around 48 hours to dry out. But don't panic, this is normal temperature. Patience is the key to make this halwa.
- It should be stiff to lift it up.
- Carefully lift each piece and put it on the wax paper or butter paper. Store it in the AIR Tight Container.
Please let me know if you have any doubts while making this. Do not get Panic of anything :)