This always indicates for Welcoming the Winters. Michigan Winters have already started :) And so as our Winter Food :) :)
Here comes one of the healthiest Dish - Date Rolls :) Full of Iron and Calcium :) :)
Let's quickly look at Ingredients:
- 2 cups - Dates
- 1/2 cup - Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup - Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 cup - Chopped Cashews
- 1/2 Cup - shredded coconut
- 2-4 tbsp - chopped Pistachios
- 2 tbsp - Poppy seeds (Khus Khus)
- 2 tsp - Cardamom Powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
Ingredients required for Khajur Paak
1. Roast nuts for 2 minutes on a low flame and then keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, add ghee amd let it melt down completely. It should be again on low flame.
3. Once ghee is melted, add poppy seeds and let it saute for another 30 seconds to 1 minute on low flame.
4. Then add cardamom & Nutmeg powder. Saute for 30 seconds and mix it well in ghee.
5. Now add roasted nuts, dates and shredded coconut into the saute mixture. Mix it very well with Spatula. You will be to have the amazing fragrance in your whole house :)
6. Mix it for around 3-4 minutes on lower flame.
8. Once they are formed, roll them into the Chopped pistachios for the wonderful look :)
10. Refrigerate them for 3-4 hours :)
11. Open the aluminium foil and start cutting them and place it in an air tight container. This will last fortnightly :)
1. Grease your hand as and when required to form the balls.
2. You will find that at times balls are not forming, but don't worry grease your hands and apply your energy to do so :)
Please feel free to ask or write to me for any doubts. Share your feedback :)
Happy Cooking :)