Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jeera Biscuits

This was quite a new for me and had a flips over various recipe. Found one of the good recipe and then modify a bit :) But it was an amazing recipe. This is one of the different and new variety that can be added into this festive season. My husband simply loved it and so Am I! I am making more in coming days to share it with my friends too. This was a trial version !



At times, Guilt is okay! So just Enjoy :) :) :)

Let's take a quick look at Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cup - Maida 
  • 1/2 cup - Butter (1 whole stick if in USA)
  • 1/2 cup - sugar
  • 1 tsp - salt 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp - cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp - baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp - baking soda 
  • Milk (I took it in a milk cap just once) or just take may be 2-3 tsp. 
Method:


Beat the Butter and Sugar with blender. Mix it well. 

Take Maida, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve it well. Add cumin seeds and salt to it. 

Add the Maida mix into the butter and sugar mixture. Beat it well for 1 minute. Then add about a little of milk and form it like a dough. NO WATER NEEDED AT ALL. 

I am not that expert to form a equal size roti. I am sure you all must be. So do that, keep it little thick and then give it a shape of your choice with Cookie Cutter. 

Place a greased parchment paper and put the pieces into it. 

Bake it on 350 F for around 15 minutes. Make it light brown in color. 

Ready to eat as well as serve :) 

For another batch, I added bit of cumin seeds from top and roll it with rolling pin again. 

My loving husband did the decoration of plate :) :) 


Share your feedback with me or let me know if you have any doubts. 

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment