Food is something we all love, but during Diwali it's a different story! Sweets, snacks, etc..all kind of varieties are made for one single festival. Isn't it amazing :) :)
This time I thought of making one of the Nasta named 'Cereal Chevdo'. Am I getting healthy! Not actually but just a different snack :) Got this lovely recipe from my favorite Aunt :) :)
I have made this Chevdo of whole cereal box so not mentioning the measurements as it would differ from the quantity of Chevda you want to make. Take it as approximation and I am sure it would work for you.
Ingredients for Tempering: My measurements are for the whole boxes I have used.
- 1 cup - Oil
- 4-5 tbsp - Mustard Seeds (rai)
- 1 cup - Peanuts (Fry it before)
- 10 stands of chopped Curry leaves (Plenty of them for good taste)
- 1/2 cup - Raisins/dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup - Cashews (kaju)
- Roasted Chana Daal (For all the boxes, I used 2 packets of Chana Dal)
- 4-5 tbsp - Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1/3 cup - Sesame Seeds
- Few bay leaves (tej patta)
- 4-5 Cloves
|Each box is of 340 grams. I have used all of them. NO NEED TO FRY ANY OF THESE CHIVDA|
|Ingredients USED for tempering|
|Readmade Roasted Chana DAAL|
|Fried Peanuts. Keep it aside|
- In the same way, fry the cashews and keep it aside.
- Mix all the Cereals in one big bowl. ( I required it due to large quantity)
- Sprinkle Turmeric & Red Chilli Powder.
- Add Roasted Chana Daal into the cereal mixture.
- Add fried cashews and peanuts into the cereal mixture.
- Keep it aside. Let's go towards tempering it.
- Heat the oil in a bottom pan. Take measurement according to the quantity you decide upon.
- Add Mustard seeds and let it get crackle. Slow down the flame to medium.
- Once crackled, add bay leaves and cloves. Let it get cook for around 10 seconds.
- Now add, Curry leaves and cover the pan with its lid because curry leaves will sprinkle oil outside.
- Let curry leaves saute on medium flame till they are little crispy. It will take around 15-20 seconds.
- Once curry leaves are done, add sesame seeds and again cover the lid.
- Now add, saunf and dry raisins or cranberries into it. Mix it well.
- Switch off the gas
Making of Chivdo:
- If the quantity is large, then sprinkle the tempering little by little and give it a good mix. There will be turmeric and red chilli powder underneath but don't worry it will get mix once you add the vaghar into it.
- If in small quantity, you can add the whole tempering into it and give it a good mix either with hands or big spoon.
- Fill the Chivda in an air tight container and serve it as and when required.