- 1 1/2 cup - Rava/Semolina/Sooji
- 1 to 11/2 cup - Dahi
- Green chilli & ginger paste as per the taste
- Salt - as per the taste
- Water - as required.
- 3 to 4 drops of lime (optional)
- 2 tsp - Eno
- Mix Sooji, Dahi, green chilli paste, ginger paste, lime drops and salt. Give it a good mix and then start adding water slowly as required. Batter should not be completely thin but of medium thickness.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Green Chutney:
- 2 cups - chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 - cloves
- Salt as per the taste
- 1 tsp - Sugar
- 6 to 7 peanuts or 7 to 8 Daliya
- 2 tsp - cumin seeds
- 1 tsp - green chilli paste
- Mix all the ingredients together and give it good blend in a mixture. Add water if required. Make sure chutney should not be thin at all so add water content accordingly.
Proceeding for the Dhokla:
- Add water (Less than half) in the Dhokla stand and give it boil. Meanwhile grease with oil the Dhokla plate.
- Add eno as mentioned above in the Dhokla batter and give it a smooth stir. Once bubbles form, stop.
- Pour equal amount of batter in the plate and put it in the stand for around 12-15 minutes.
- Once Dhokla are ready, cool it down.
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 to 2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 4 to 5 - Curry leaves
Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds. Once seeds crackle, add hing and curry leaves. Pour the tempering on to the dhokla.
Garnish it with fresh chopped cilantro and shredded coconut (I didn't have though)