Platter full of PROTEIN & IRON
- 2 cups – Handvo flour/crushed dals at home
- 1/4 cup – Dahi/Yogurt
- 1 cup – Zucchini
- 1/4 cup – Cilantro
- Ginger and Chilli Paste as per the taste
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds
- 2 tsp – turmeric powder (I added little more for the more healthier option)
- 1 -2 tsp – coriander powder
- 1 tbsp – sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – eno
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 2 tbsp – mustard seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 2 tbsp – Peanuts
- Few curry leaves
- Take Handvo flour mix in a big bowl(if using rice and daal then wash and soak the rice and dals together for 4 to 5 hours. Drain and keep aside. Grind to a paste)
- Add all ingredients except Vegetable, ENO and tempering ingredients and mix everything very well to make kind batter consistency.
- Allow to ferment overnight or at least 6-8 hrs.
- Next day or after fermentation is complete, add grated zucchini or any vegetable that you like, also at this time, add ENO and mix very well.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Grease the tray with oil and pour the prepared batter into baking tray.
- Now prepare tadka (Tempering)-Heat oil into wok or small pan, when oil is done add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds are spluttered completely, turn off the stove and put the wok on side and let the tadka get little warm or cool. When warm enough or cool, add asafoetida and curry patta.
- Pour tadka onto batter.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes. (I did it for 60 minutes and 10 minutes on broil)
- When done serve hot or cold. It taste great anytime.
HAVE DELICIOUS AND HEALTHIEST HANDVO