Who doesn't love this Icecream! We hardly get it here of the same taste that of India! So thought of making this. It happened like this! I first made this Chocobar Icecream, but then while taking it out - it didn't come out with the Chocolate, so kept it inside and thought of serving my hubby Chocolate Chip Icecream (with the remaining whipped cream, I made this) Later, after couple of days I just remember that this is inside and let me try out again to take it out with Chocolate! And look at this, It was just Perfect!!!!!!
Let's quickly look at Ingredients:
- Heavy Whipping cream - 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Rose Water - 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Milk Powder - 1/3 cup
- Cold Milk - 3/4th cup
- Pinch of Salt (Optional, I forgot to add)
Boiling the Chocolate:
- 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate (Big Packet)
- 1/4th cup - baking Chocolate Chips (I used it, to get the mix flavor)
- I applied the method of double boiler to melt the chocolate. You can do it in the Microwave method too.
1. Whisk the Heavy Whipping Cream till becomes double in size and stiff. Don't overbeat otherwise it will become butter.
2. Once it is stiff - add milk powder, sugar, rose water, milk, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
3. With the help of Spatula, start mixing it and make sure that there is no lumps of milk powder. Do cut and fold with the spatula till it is mixed properly.
4. Keep checking in between. This is a crucial step so be careful.
Once it's done, keep it in the freezer for 4-5 hours. We do not want to set it totally but just semi-icecream.
Take out the Vanilla Ice cream outside and keep it aside.
Let's start working on the Chocolate now!
Boil the water in the deep vessel. Put any vessel on it and add chocolate pieces. Keep stirring it with the help of Chocolate. Can you see how thoroughly it is melted!!!!! Do it like this.
Keep the Moulds ready.
Once it is totally melted, start pouring it in the mould with the help of spoon. Make sure you rotate it and spread chocolate all over the mould inside. Take out the extra chocolate. Do it with all moulds. Now set it inside the freezer for about 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, you Vanilla ice-cream is now on room temperature. Mix it again with the help of Spatula.
In the 4th picture, it is set and now put the vanilla ice-cream into it. Don't pour it full otherwise mould won't close it properly.
Repeat the process for all moulds. Set it in refrigerator for approximately 8-9 hours.
Take it out, keep the mould under the hot water and take it out. It should come out with the chocolate :) Chocobar is ready to get a bite :) :) :)